Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ben Lomond- May 2009

I went on an awesome hike with Michael Monson, my old roommate from BYU, and his friend, Dave Fawcett. We hiked to the top of Ben Lomond Peak, UT. I have always had an admiration for this mountain. My parents both grew up in the Pleasant View/North Ogden area. During family reunions at the Barker Family Park, I remebering seeing BL and thinking how awesome it is. One summer, my Aunt Mary Ann used to take us to the top of the Pole Patch and we would ride out bikes back down to their home in PV. I remember seeing the gullies on the south side of the mountain and wondering what it be like to climb.

Mike, Dave, and I met at the Fred Meyer parking lot in Ogden and traveled up to the trailhead near North Ogden Park (I think that is what it is called). Very nice trail! The switchbacks at the beginning seem to take a while to traverse, especially coming down.


This first picture is at near 7200 ft. Looking south toward Big Pine resevoir.








Ogden Valley from the Summit

Summit Marker






Mike and Dave on the Summit
























Willard Peak to the North


It was a wonderful trip. I treated myself to some Taco Time afterwards and then made the trek back to Rupert.









1 comment:

  1. Cool hike and cool pics! You should post those pictures from the Borah Butt Kicker.

    ReplyDelete